Indian River, DE and Delaware Bay

Dr. Kleen

Reaction score
GW Hoedown

I am 99.9% certain that I will make it, so you can count me in. I will probably make it an extended trip. But loking forward to it, and it will be a great time.

Jeff D.

Probably will have 3 guests with me.

GALILEO

Reaction score
Registration

Jeff, Dr. Kleen and three guests are down. I also have you down for a reserved slip. As we get down the pike, I will send out local chart information and information concerning the inlet, etc. Looking foward to seeing you. Jim.

GALILEO

Reaction score
Registration

Capt. Bill, got you down: The Odyssea, your wife Reidun and 2 guests are registered.
:)
Folks, I want all to know that Capt Bill is helping me with this. He has already been invaluable. I am gratefgul for his help and willingness to step forward. l am glad he is onboard in that capacity. Thanks, Bill.
Jim.

warpaint

Reaction score
Capt. Stu, wife and two guests are in.
282 Sailfish, IRI
Does this date conflict with the OC owners tourny?

TunaT

Reaction score
OC grady tournment

Capt Stu,
Being Boat Doctor has sold out to Taylor marine this year, no one knows for sure what is going to happen to the Grady tournment. I inquired at the west ocean city site and they stated and I quote..."if we have it, it will be in July"...The part if we have it has me concerned, but if this is true it should not interfer with the get-to-gather planned.

GALILEO

Reaction score
GGrady DeMaVaLous Gathering

Capt. Stu. You, your wife, and two guests are registered.

I do not know when the OC owners event is happening. We are now pretty firm on the August 20 date for the GG DeMaVaLous Gathering. We now have a site (and alternative) selected and reserved, preferential rates for slips have been set, etc. I am posting an update pretty soon with more details.

Thanks. Jim.

sidbrookes

Reaction score
My wife, Beverly, and I would like to attend the gathering of Grady White Boat Owners at Indian River inlet on Aug 20. How do we sign up and do you need any help?

Capt Sid

GALILEO

Reaction score
GG DeMaVaLous Gathering

Capt Sid, you and your wife are now registered for the event. Thanks for offering to help. I will be relying on that offer, especially as we get closer to the event. Jim.

GALILEO

Reaction score
STATUS ON THE DeMaVaLous Event

PLEASE READ FOR STATUS ON THE GG DeMaVaLous EVENT

UPDATE***NEWS***UPDATE***NEWS***UPDATE

Location: The Great Grady DeMaVaLous Gathering will be held/headquartered at the Indian River Inlet Marina, Delaware.

The event: A gathering of Grady-White boat owners to meet, talk Grady, make friends, and have old fashioned great fun.

Time and Date: The event will be held all day on August 20, 2005.

Slips: 20 transient slips at a nice discount have been secured for event participants (must also be a member of BoatUS). The slips will be held first for out-of-town folks (out-of-town means boats docked in waters not fed by the Indian River Inlet). At a later date, any remaining slips will be released to local folks. Some slips have already been reserved. Slip reservations will be made valid through a PM.

Participants: The event is a reservation event for current owners of a Grady White-boat, and thier families and guests. This will be family event. Kids are encouraged.

Registration: You must be pre-registered to participate in the event. Registration is through this site. Register by posting on this board and on this thread. Indicate your interest to attend and the number of persons that are coming with you. There is a possibility that registration will be closed if a maximum limit is reached. If you think you are coming, register now. I am maintaining the official registration list. An updated registration listed will be published periodically on this board.

Registration fee: there will be a small registration fee to help defray costs. Plans for now are that food for grill'in (dogs, burgs and (?) tuna steaks) will be provided, and the food for the banquet will be contributed by local participants (pot luck style). Any money left over will be reserved for another event, rebated pro rata to the participants, or given to a local charity.

Events: The main events at this time are a Great Grady Parade; an afternoon raft-up and water activities (relaxing, boat-talking, swimming, games, contests, sleeping, chill'in, eating, drinking, jaw-boning, back-slapping, fish yarning, and hee-hawing); late afternoon shore activites (grilling, and more of the above); and the DeMaVaLous Banquet (food, merriment, prizes and awards).

Notable Notables: Two businesses have asked to participate, including a local Grady-White Dealer. A (free) live band is being lined for the late afternoon festivities and the banquet, which will be held at the Indian River Inlet Marina under a Pavilion and possibly a tent. If enough kids are involved, attempts will be made to have either a kid's program or kid's games (moon walk, etc). Free door prizes. A raffle (registration is automatic entry). And more ...................

The event is organized by participants on a volunteer basis. Organization and communication will be conducted via the Great Grady Owners Forum (thanks Tim and Jeff). Note that we are not a club, or pros at this. But the aim is to have a wonderful, memorable, class event that leads to a great time for all, good fellowship, and lasting friendships. Your ideas, suggestions and comments are welcome. Stay tuned for more news and breaking developments.

Volunteers will be needed and sought. Cap't Bill has stepped forward and is helping me with the initial organization.

Special thanks to The Great Grady Forum and the Indian River Inlet Marina.

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow...everything sounds great!! Jim, you're doing a great job organizing. Keep up the good work.

-Jeff

Tournament223

Reaction score
Great job Jim and Bill....Looks like its a keeper :D :D :D :D
Jim I will be attending the Great Grady DeMaVaLous Gathering on August 20th...I will not be bringing my boat from Long Island but would like to meet and say hello to people from Great Grady...Can you recommend a hotel for me to stay at that night....Talk to you soon....Tim

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Tim, If I can be excused for jumping in here ahead of Jim, I would suggest that you might stay right at the marina. Indian River Marina now has brand new cottages for rent by the day, weekend or week, and from what I have been told, the rates are better than some motels in the area. You could call Jill at the marina office for more information. (302) 227-3071. If you call, mention that you are attending the Great Grady event. Gary King, the marina manager, is giving discounts to transient slip renters who are there for the event. Ask him if he will extend the same consideration to you for one of the cottages.

GALILEO

Reaction score
GG Gathering

:) Tim, glad to hear that you will be coming down. You are now registered for the event. Are you coming alone? Guests? As to where to stay, if the cottages suggested by Capt Bill don't work out, let me know as I have a number of other suggestions. Jim

capshockey

Reaction score
My wife Sue and I would like to attend the event. Please
let us know if you need any help. Thanks, Tom

GALILEO

Reaction score
GG Gathering

:) Capshockey, you and Sue are registered. I will be back in touch through the board on the help that will be needed. Jim

GALILEO

Reaction score
GG DeMaVaLous Gathering: Registration Update

:eek: Folks, to date we have 16 separate registrations accounting for 44 persons attending (registrants plus guests). This is a healthy number.

As you know, I have confirmed registrations either through the board or via PM. This procedure will continue. To lend transparency, I plan to publish the official registration list in about 2 weeks and it will be republished in updated form every two weeks thereafter. As we get closer to the event, I will seek out volunteers, including to be in charge of specific matters. Please send your ideas and suggestion either by posting on the board or through a PM to me (probably the best idea). Let me know via a PM if you wish to speak with me directly.

Thanks. Keep em coming! Jim
:) :) :)

Piscatus

Reaction score
Jim,
I hope you got my reply. You can put me down for a total of 4. The boat name is Piscatus.
Thanks,
Jeff

GALILEO

Reaction score
GG Gathering Registration

Jeff, got your PM. I have you down for 4 (you, your wife and 2 sons) and also laid a marker for your fiend with 3 guests. His new 330 Express would be a hit at the gathering. :)