Did the hinge fall overboard? If you lost the hinge you are screwed.View attachment 39944Hey guys, on my 2006 marlin todsy, had someone lean against it too hard and shattered.... glass cleaning is terrible as you can imagine.... imagine my best option is having a window/glass show just custom make one? Let me know if anyone has any thoughts thanks!
So they ARE curved (convex/concave)? I'm surprised they are curved.I have the hinge luckily, was just a guest leaning against it too hard... Good to know that both sides are identical and no difference in the curvature. Yeah i figure probably a custom job...
Did the hinge fall overboard? If you lost the hinge you are screwed.
Otherwise, its easy to cut a piece of lexan and replace the glass.
see this thread.
I recently shattered a glass vent window on my 265....long story...I'll spare you...
Luckily, all hardware remained onboard.
I replaced glass with acrylic sheet .220"x24"x18" from home depot.
Project went crazy easy...
I used the other window to trace the pattern with a sharpie. Marked the holes.
Used a 5 1/2"' 100 tooth circular saw..."took the line"
Sanded the edges.
Drilled the holes. (be careful. a bit will grab when it pushes thru) Drill from both sides to make clean hole and avoid problems.
Used a countersink bit to knock off edges.
Lightly glued into hinge piece using 5200. Its...
- SkunkBoat
- 265 express window
- Replies: 36
- Forum: Tips, Modifications and Electronics

When the glass is fully seated in the gasket of the window frame, the T handle will fold out of the way.We are 2 weeks into ownership of a 2002 Marlin. We are just starting the project and have a question somewhat related to this post... and wondering if any tips. We keep bashing the little black plastic piece that opens/closes this window on the left side when we open/close the hatch to the cabin. When the window is closed, there's no good way to have the plastic stay out of the way. Anybody find a solution?
When the glass is fully seated in the gasket of the window frame, the T handle will fold out of the way.
The black rubber gasket gets hard and gets curves in it. The window doesn't really close all the way.
Sometimes you can try lifting the glass or have someone outside help it seat.
I have not looked for that material yet but its on my infinite list of winter projects
So you know..
The T Handle is the only thing holding the glass and hinge from falling overboard.
If the T handle is off, the hinge can pivot outward far enough to fall out.
And you can't get a replacement hinge anywhere!
You've been warned...
So what I did awhile back, to keep the window closed ( cause sometimes if it was jutted out just a touch and caught some wind it would fly open) and open (cause sometimes it would slam shut if I had it open) was drill a couple small holes through, and use a pin. Mine isn't perfect, maybe a tiny cotter pin would be better (obviously have to be careful drilling hole/ensuring it's small enough so hinge maintains integrity), but that's what I did awhile back.We are 2 weeks into ownership of a 2002 Marlin. We are just starting the project and have a question somewhat related to this post... and wondering if any tips. We keep bashing the little black plastic piece that opens/closes this window on the left side when we open/close the hatch to the cabin. When the window is closed, there's no good way to have the plastic stay out of the way. Anybody find a solution?