Marlin Height On A Trailer:

Website
meanwhilecharters.com
I do not have to pull over to scales.

Here is what I use, and I'm sure you will need the signs. You can get a radar mount that pivots forward, I have one I did not install. I will have an oak leaf or two in the boat from my county road. The major side roads have the limbs trimmed by trucks.
I echo the brakes comment earlier, get electric over hydraulic disk brakes.
My Dodge has 123000 miles so today it is getting new front end work (08 arms, new stearing box, transmission band tightening). This is work to keep the towing safe.
IMG_10102018_112142_(1080_x_566_pixel).jpg

I do not have to pull over to scales.

Here is what I use, and I'm sure you will need the signs. You can get a radar mount that pivots forward, I have one I did not install. I will have an oak leaf or two in the boat from my county road. The major side roads have the limbs trimmed by trucks.
I echo the brakes comment earlier, get electric over hydraulic disk brakes.
My Dodge has 123000 miles so today it is getting new front end work (08 arms, new stearing box, transmission band tightening). This is work to keep the towing safe.
View attachment 5503
Great looking rig! My 08 Dodge 3500 Cummins has 230,000 still going strong and my daily driver :).

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Great looking rig! My 08 Dodge 3500 Cummins has 230,000 still going strong and my daily driver :).
Hey No Bail:
I continue to thank you and everyone who has contributed. This is indeed a great site to go to.

RE: Pivoting Radar Mount:

I see you have a Furuno open-array setup. I am a bit confused about the pivot mount: Will it work on a 24" Fantom closed Garmin Dome as I have? Have you measured your height with your radar up? I see it's up in the pic.

RE: Requirements:

Yes, as mentioned in my above posts (ramblings) I called DOT & FHP in Fla and I need signs front/rear, flags everywhere; amber flashing lights..It'll qualify as a bona fied Circus Wagon when it's fitted out, but it'll be legal.

And that's just Fla...

I am also pleased to discover that I can get permits for height and mapped out alternative routes in case I come in too tall on the trailer. I was afraid if I did it was a deal breaker, so I'm relieved about that.

RE: Dodge:

Maintenance is the key, as you know. From your side badging, it looks like your truck is an '06, which means you have the 5.9 Cummins.

Island Pilot:

If you have an '08, you have the 6.7 like my 2007. Incredible engines, as your odometer has proven. Mine clocks in at 173,000, no problems.

With the Cummins, that is..the Dodge truck has made me pretty mad during my 11 years of ownership. Expensive things broke that shouldn't have. I keep it because:
1.) It's paid for.
2.) It has the Cummins: best powerplant out there in my opinion.
3.) I just like the truck: The way it drives, feels, looks..It fits me.

Besides a new one is 65-70K. Too far out for me to justify.

Anyway, thanks again for all your input.

Hey No Bail:
I continue to thank you and everyone who has contributed. This is indeed a great site to go to.

RE: Pivoting Radar Mount:

I see you have a Furuno open-array setup. I am a bit confused about the pivot mount: Will it work on a 24" Fantom closed Garmin Dome as I have? Have you measured your height with your radar up? I see it's up in the pic.

RE: Requirements:

Yes, as mentioned in my above posts (ramblings) I called DOT & FHP in Fla and I need signs front/rear, flags everywhere; amber flashing lights..It'll qualify as a bona fied Circus Wagon when it's fitted out, but it'll be legal.

And that's just Fla...

I am also pleased to discover that I can get permits for height and mapped out alternative routes in case I come in too tall on the trailer. I was afraid if I did it was a deal breaker, so I'm relieved about that.

RE: Dodge:

Maintenance is the key, as you know. From your side badging, it looks like your truck is an '06, which means you have the 5.9 Cummins.

Island Pilot:

If you have an '08, you have the 6.7 like my 2007. Incredible engines, as your odometer has proven. Mine clocks in at 173,000, no problems.

With the Cummins, that is..the Dodge truck has made me pretty mad during my 11 years of ownership. Expensive things broke that shouldn't have. I keep it because:
1.) It's paid for.
2.) It has the Cummins: best powerplant out there in my opinion.
3.) I just like the truck: The way it drives, feels, looks..It fits me.

Besides a new one is 65-70K. Too far out for me to justify.

Anyway, thanks again for all your input.
Yes it is the 6.7. I actually own 2 of them (08 2wd short bed and an 08 4x4 cab and chassis). Yes stupid little crap has broken, I preferred my ford body and truck, minus the engine... My daily driver is the cab and chassis with the Aisin tranny.... all of the dpf/exhaust regen stuff magically fell off at 100k and I gained 2 mpg and clean oil. I have owned several 5.9s, and as much as I love the 6.7.... the 5.9 is still the love of my life :).

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Yes it is the 6.7. I actually own 2 of them (08 2wd short bed and an 08 4x4 cab and chassis). Yes stupid little crap has broken, I preferred my ford body and truck, minus the engine... My daily driver is the cab and chassis with the Aisin tranny.... all of the dpf/exhaust regen stuff magically fell off at 100k and I gained 2 mpg and clean oil. I have owned several 5.9s, and as much as I love the 6.7.... the 5.9 is still the love of my life :).
Those rigs with the 5.9, even back into the late 90's are worth a lot, I hear. If you had a Ford, you probably had the 6.0 if you didn't like the engine. If I had a dollar for every person who told me their 6.0 was a nightmare, I could buy this new trailer outright. I'll bet the Ford exec's went to their meetings with bullet-proof vests on after they built the 6.0. Interesting you got better mileage & clean oil "after 100k." My oil looks 15 years old on the dipstick when it's brand new...

RE: Dodge Troubles:

My guess is they built my '07 and your '08 right in the middle of the economic downturn after '07. They put our trucks together with duct tape and sold them to us.

Thanks again for all your trailer assistance & happy boating in the island chain. No red tide down there, I'm thinking.