NE Canyon run w/ gas bladder planning

Lucky13

Reaction score
How do you keep a 100 gallon bladder secure if the weather turns bad? Thinking of doing similar on a smaller scale in the 228.
bladder sits on a pad and there are straps you can tie it down with. It does not move though, at least not yet for me.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Where are you planning to go? Lord Howe? Anywhere else you won't need it if you have the 2 tanks.

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Where are you planning to go? Lord Howe? Anywhere else you won't need it if you have the 2 tanks.
Multi day trip trolling for blues off the top of Frazer Island. 100kms to the shelf off Sandy Cape. 80 kms round trip to Rooneys to overnight and back to the shelf. Two full days trolling.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
If you only have the one tank, 92 gal (348 lt) then you need extra fuel . If I was you and intended to do that often I would install another tank . The original smaller tank is 56 gal ( 211 lt) . On my old 228 the main tank was at the rear of the deck next was the water tank and further forward the space for the auxiliary tank . My 228 has one tank 125 gal and it is as far forward as possible with the water tank closer to the rear then empty space.
Bladders are OK if you want to do a long run to get somewhere but not ideal if you want to fish before it is empty and put away.
I know people use them to go to Lord Howe.

Lucky13

Reaction score
If you only have the one tank, 92 gal (348 lt) then you need extra fuel . If I was you and intended to do that often I would install another tank . The original smaller tank is 56 gal ( 211 lt) . On my old 228 the main tank was at the rear of the deck next was the water tank and further forward the space for the auxiliary tank . My 228 has one tank 125 gal and it is as far forward as possible with the water tank closer to the rear then empty space.
Bladders are OK if you want to do a long run to get somewhere but not ideal if you want to fish before it is empty and put away.
I know people use them to go to Lord Howe.
I would never start fishing before mine was put away.