NJ fishing reports

SkunkBoat

Website
www.youtube.com
Grady White Model
Express 265
We had some bass on Friday in huge bunker schools in Sea Girt and Bay Head. Bass were very early then dogfish made it impossible. They were also trolled straight out of Manasquan at the 3 mile line. Guys with small shad body umbrella rigs did really well on smaller fish (dozens). The guys pulling wire line and spoons got fewer but bigger fish.

I'm schedule for a haul out on Saturday. NW wind coming Thursday so there might be one more trip in me.

JerseyJarred

Grady White Model
Tournament 275
We had some bass on Friday in huge bunker schools in Sea Girt and Bay Head. Bass were very early then dogfish made it impossible. They were also trolled straight out of Manasquan at the 3 mile line. Guys with small shad body umbrella rigs did really well on smaller fish (dozens). The guys pulling wire line and spoons got fewer but bigger fish.

I'm schedule for a haul out on Saturday. NW wind coming Thursday so there might be one more trip in me.
I am scheduled to come out the Saturday after Thanksgiving most likely. Thinking that this coming Monday might be a good day to head out and give it one final go.

SkunkBoat

Website
www.youtube.com
Grady White Model
Express 265
We did an afternoon trip Thursday in flat seas. Found short bass everywhere on the surface. The screen was lit up but dropping jigs only caught dogfish.
We were using light gear and small jigs (up high in the water)and one guy was using a popper. He caught fewer but they were smacking it with reckless abandon.
Lost count of how many caught.
These were the same fish we've been catching on the dock at night all year, so that's done for the year.
We got one surprise 20 something pounder in the mix so there are big ones out there.

Ran home in flat water at 43 mph. Pulling the boat Saturday.