Still glad you "Got the Grady?"

mronzo

Reaction score
Another month and I'll be putting my 265 away after the sixth season
with it. Overall I'm very happy with the boat. I haven't even used it to it's full potential as I fish near shore, but next year I'm getting a liferaft/Epirg and venturing further out!
I've always felt safe on it and I keep the engines and all systems in top shape. I'd do it again.
So folks are you glad you "Got the Grady?!"

Workdog

Reaction score
mronzo said:
Another month and I'll be putting my 265 away after the sixth season
with it. Overall I'm very happy with the boat. I haven't even used it to it's full potential as I fish near shore, but next year I'm getting a liferaft/Epirg and venturing further out!
I've always felt safe on it and I keep the engines and all systems in top shape. I'd do it again.
So folks are you glad you "Got the Grady?!"

Absolutely. The only thing I would replace it with is a 265.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a feeling NEM will be on his 5th soon!

Port of Egypt (POE) Marine is having their Fall open house this weekend with sea trails, with the 36 ft Canyon there to ride !

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Happy?

Glad I got the Grady? - yes I am, thank you. We are completing our fifth season with this particular boat and still quite happy with our choice.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Happy with my GW too. This is my 3rd and I have been very happy with all of them! My first and 85 Seafarer is still running about 24 years later and looks great

Bama96

Reaction score
Absolutely. On my second Grady. Went from a 222 Fisherman to the Marlin. I love these boats. Don't see me owning another brand. 8)

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Let's see....On my 11th....and currently have 2...Actually 3 but that's a long story.....Naaah...Can't stand 'em....Pure junk :wink:

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP said:
I have a feeling NEM will be on his 5th soon!

Port of Egypt (POE) Marine is having their Fall open house this weekend with sea trails, with the 36 ft Canyon there to ride !

I will be out there this weekend getting a ride on that beast, BUT, i will wait for that 42'er with trip 400 plus......., so not that soon, maaaaaaaaaaybe next year?......... Grady ?????????

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
NEM,

Might as well get the 366....you won't see anything larger than a 36 from GW for quite some time. They don't even have a mold nor are they planning on producing one. When the economy picks up and their customer base demands a larger hull - And is willing to pay for it - They may build a larger boat. Until then - You'll need that 366 :wink:

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I first started liking Grady's back in the late 70's but it was only 2 years ago that I got my first one, an 89 Overnighter. She may be an old lady now but she still looks pretty good. One of the things I like best is that no matter where I take her, no one snickers or makes snide remarks and usually compliments come our way. Like a grand old dame, she still commands respect. Only Grady's for this guy.

Gary 89 Overnighter

Enough Already

Reaction score
Without a doubt - no regrets. I'm on my 6th year (we don't say season down here in South Florida) and have never had to put her up for the winter! Just thinking about it, an 8 year old car sounds old. An 8 year old Grady just doesn't feel that way . . . .

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'm on number 6 ...a 190, 208, 226, 228, 205 and now the 180...

And I have my eyes on a 225 one of these days :D

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just picked up my third GW since 1980 and am plenty satisfied with one problem being the canvas option on my new 283. The following is a "tounge in cheek" note I sent to my dealer this morning.

"The boat ran great, with full fuel and water, three people and some gear I was able to trim to 2 mpg at just under 35 mph in choppy seas. This is right in line with or a little better than the performance figures that GW has on their web site.

Everything about the boat met or exceeded my expectations as I knew they would after owning two other GW boats over the past 30 years. One big disappointment was the canvas option. I can put up and take down the canvas on my 246 in about 5 minutes but after struggling for 45 minutes, I gave up on the new boat. I wish you would pass on to GW that they need to execute the engineer that designed the canvas on the 283, especially the center piece between the windshield and the hard top. I cannot see any way to install this without a knife or sledge hammer. I will wait until the 20 hour checkup and let you show me how to do it. I would be so simple to make this one piece into two with a zipper but the simplicity was overlooked in favor of using sadistic torture techniques on unsuspecting boat owners. They need to look how this same piece is made on the 246."

Other than the canvas, the only thing I want is to live long enough to get my forth Grady. Since I usually keep them for 15 years +/-, and I'm 65 now, I doubt that I will ever own 11 of them. I do currently own two, as I have not yet sold my 246.

Brad1

Reaction score
For me it's more like "Still wish I had my Grady".

Man that was one sweet boat. Nicest boat I ever owned, or maybe will ever own. Certainly no regrets buying that boat. Would certainly buy another.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Finished school, got employed, and purchased my 1st grady at 23yrs old. That was a year ago. Don't see myself changing boats untill a Sailfish or 265 (or Contender 31FA) winds up in my price range.

In the meantime there is not another boat in its size range that even comes close. At 11yrs old it still is mistaken for being brand new on a regular basis. Cheers to collonite wax.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
mronzo..
My 1st was a '92 Seafarer that I had for 10 years.
#2 is my current 232 Gulfstream.
I see no other boat that comes close to what I want..Only complaint?? Leaking cabins on both boats.

I am in luv with my Gulf..Hope to have it for many years.

VinMan

Reaction score
I've had my 2006 228 for just over a year (bought it new in 08 - leftover) and we just love it. We fish near shore in S Fla but are venturing further and further out. My 7 year old son and I sleep on the boat all the time and fish when the sun comes up. We're making memories on this Grady he'll never forget...