The Official KY Smoky Keys Thread

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Went out yesterday at 6 AM to chase tuna. Got 1 and 3 dolphin. Seas were so flat you could almost water ski in the Gulf Stream . Finished the day at the Big Chill. 62402.jpeg62403.jpeg62404.jpeg

Reactions: ocdansar

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
This is from Wednesday. This is my favorite reef in the Keys at Carysfort. It's on the east end of Key Largo and because of where it sits , the Gulfstream is just a couple miles off, it's very clear water here too.
received_456948758937165.jpeg

Reactions: ocdansar

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
As I mentioned a few messages back, I figured you'd have lighter winds Thurs-Fri. Maybe into Sat as well until the cold front associated with the trough in the SE moves thru. If it punches all the way into the Straits, (unusual for mid-May) winds will veer N to NE and increase some into next week.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Cant blame you, the second the place is in the rearview mirror I am already thinking about the next trip. Safe travels

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey Smoky, I just looked back all through the pictures from your trip. Just wanna say I really appreciate you burning all that gas so I can sit here on my behind and enjoy seeing that area again :) . Just wondering if that young man with the reddish beard and hair is your son Kyle, that you introduced us too in another thread?

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Smoky, I just looked back all through the pictures from your trip. Just wanna say I really appreciate you burning all that gas so I can sit here on my behind and enjoy seeing that area again :) . Just wondering if that young man with the reddish beard and hair is your son Kyle, that you introduced us too in another thread?

I am glad to burn the gas for you anytime.lol. That young man is my youngest Cole. Having a special needs son is hard but I think it's equally hard having your only brother severely disabled. Since Cole was about 9 I decided to take him dolphin fishing every spring . Just him on a father son fishing trip with no Kyle . it's has helped us bond and spend time together over the years. I hope to be 70 and him 40 and still be doing it. Cole is a college student and the luck of the crappy deck in life has hit both my boys. At the age of 13 he collapsed on the PE field and a few weeks later had a grand Mal seizure and voila ,Cole is epileptic. It's been a journey being their dad. Cole also marches in the UCF band and plays the tenor sax. He is a great young man.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
We're in Walterboro, SC tonight. Will be heading home tomorrow. Stopped in Daytona at Buc-ee's and had no issues with fuel there, it was wide open.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
This was great following along to. Sounds like a good week for you both.

So...KY; Is this trip a do-over next year? Smoky has been many times, so I'm wondering what you and the Missus thought of it all?

Travel safe the rest of the way.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This was great following along to. Sounds like a good week for you both.

So...KY; Is this trip a do-over next year? Smoky has been many times, so I'm wondering what you and the Missus thought of it all?

Travel safe the rest of the way.

Probably not next year. There are so many places to go, with or without the boat. Been discussing out west or up north as a possibility for next year's destination. Never know what life holds for us. New adventures to experience.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Took a cruise down the St. John's from SR 44 near DeLand to the infamous Silver Glenn Springs off Lake George . Great way to run the boat in some fresh water . Party Central I tell you.
62573.jpeg

Reactions: sneakattack