The Official KY Smoky Keys Thread

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Wow what a difference a week makes .

here is the current forecast for the keys offshore conditions .

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT TONIGHT East winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 9 feet. Scattered showers. WEDNESDAY East winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 9 feet. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. WEDNESDAY NIGHT East winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 7 to 11 feet. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. THURSDAY Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 8 to 12 feet. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. THURSDAY NIGHT Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 8 to 12 feet. Scattered showers. FRIDAY Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet. Isolated showers. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast to east winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 10 feet. Isolated showers. SATURDAY Northeast to east winds near 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Isolated showers. SATURDAY NIGHT East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Isolated showers.

We had amazing weather last week.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wow, maybe they are getting our normal NC weather! This Saturday might be the first time this year I can go offshore. Less than 3ft. Hope it stays....

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Wow what a difference a week makes .

here is the current forecast for the keys offshore conditions .

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT TONIGHT East winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 9 feet. Scattered showers. WEDNESDAY East winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 9 feet. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. WEDNESDAY NIGHT East winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 7 to 11 feet. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. THURSDAY Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 8 to 12 feet. Numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. THURSDAY NIGHT Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 8 to 12 feet. Scattered showers. FRIDAY Northeast to east winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 8 to 11 feet. Isolated showers. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast to east winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 10 feet. Isolated showers. SATURDAY Northeast to east winds near 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Isolated showers. SATURDAY NIGHT East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Isolated showers.

We had amazing weather last week.
Spring can be hard and I'm glad you got some good days in. The summer pattern is much more predictable down there but the fishing isn't as good. I was supposed to go down this weekend as my in law has a place for the month, but it's a no go.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I haven't been to Silver Glen in years but looks the same. We may make a trip this summer.

Did you launch at Ed Stone?

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I feel sorry for all the people that rented houses for the week and now can't get out.
That spring high just sits above FL and we get east winds with small craft advisories everyday. Right around memorial day the rainy season changes everything--lol

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I haven't been to Silver Glen in years but looks the same. We may make a trip this summer.

Did you launch at Ed Stone?
yes, yes we did launch at Ed Stone/SR44. it was crazy busy..Great sandbar people watching .lol

Dhirsh

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Enjoyable read! Just what I need to decompress in he evening. Glad you had a great trip. I’m just a few hours away from there but cant seem to get a break from work to enjoy what’s in my backyard. wont be this week. Blowing like a hurricane down here today.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Probably not next year. There are so many places to go, with or without the boat. Been discussing out west or up north as a possibility for next year's destination. Never know what life holds for us. New adventures to experience.
If "Up North" is Lake Michigan and Northern MI, let me know. My band, our Marlin and mine and my son's vintage Donzi's will be at our fav place the end of July. Great boating on the Big Lake and the band rocks. If you want, I'll give you the details in a Private Message. You too Smoky....

Reactions: PointedRose

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wife has been talking about Traverse City as a destination. Also talking about going back down to Venice/Sarasota area again. Hard to pass up going to Florida each year.

Reactions: magicalbill

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
If "Up North" is Lake Michigan and Northern MI, let me know. My band, our Marlin and mine and my son's vintage Donzi's will be at our fav place the end of July. Great boating on the Big Lake and the band rocks. If you want, I'll give you the details in a Private Message. You too Smoky....
Magic, it's so hard to decide.Yah the Great Lakes seem like a cool place to boat. Keys/Bahamas or the Great Lakes? I know it's not a binary choice for many as you could do both. For me I typically do one family trip a year and if it involves the boat it means warm tropical waters for snorkeling and dolphin fishing!!!! I have 7 states to go to see all 50. Michigan is one of those states. If we do the lakes I will let you know. Thanks for the invite.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Here's some more pictures from our trip. This was Friday before we left. Not quite as calm as it had been. Still caught fish though. Weed lines were broken up more too.

20210514_090351.jpg20210514_111450.jpg

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady