Well, here goes!

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
After 3+ years of searching, agonizing, wishing for a lottery win, riding in several friends boats, and tooling around in Erie relatively calm water in my 19' Lund, I purchased a 2018 300 Marlin!

• No, there is no financial measurement or justification that makes this a great investment. It's a toy, like all the boats I've owned before. A therapeutic, adventurous, amazing toy.
  • Maybe there's a great used one out there for a lot less, but darn few in the 2-4 yr old category and fewer still with low hours that I'm sure of the history on.
  • Yes, It does feel like I leapfrogged 5 purchase steps forward!
  • I looked at, boated in and reviewed some very nice Pursuits, BW's and others
  • I looked at every used Chesapeake, Sailfish and Marlin on the market in the 5 major on line markets for the last 24 months
  • Really looking forward to working with South Shore Marine. Top notch experience so far!
  • I have a lot to learn about twin engines, cabins and bow thrusters.
  • In talking with several people it's surprising how many start with many different boats and end up with the Marlin.

You are getting no closer to accomplishing your bucket list until you do something about it.

1) I'd like a turn providing the ride for the guys I fish with on day trips instead of always riding with them​
2) I want to visit each of the Great Lakes in my boat​
3) I want to strap the Kayaks on the hard top and head for Canada with my son for the weekend​
4) In a few years I'd eventually like to head to Florida for a couple months and live on the boat to avoid this snow / ice / wind​
Hope to be my last boat purchase for the next 15+ years!

Privateer

Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase.

Make sure you read up on the requirements in/out of Canada before you go. Don't want to lose your new boat because of a paperwork mistake...

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it!

Agreed, paperwork mistake would be a very bad deal. Read through some of Canadian entry details. Last person I spoke with made the process of coming back to the US sound a little sketchy. Something about a phone mounted on the side of a public restroom near Port Clinton.....

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Congrats and enjoy! Big learning curve from a Lund to a Marlin. Lots to learn but lots to love!

seasick

Reaction score
Congrats. Your report warms my heart.
Enjoy.
Safe boating

Fishtales

Reaction score
Solid play. You will like the boat and I wish you all the best in it.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Awesome jump from a Lund to a big Grady. 11' itis at it's finest!! Pics when you get a chance. Welcome to the group.

Reactions: Zebulon

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thank you all. And I agree WOW! Medicinal bourbon in a tin cup is highly likely.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's just freaking cool!!!! I'd be going crazy waiting on spring with that beast waiting on me!!!

Jargon

Reaction score
Beautiful! I hope it’s everything you expect. :cool:

fishinaround

Reaction score
Congratulations!...beautiful toy, wishing you the best of memories.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So, now I'm getting really excited. Buffalo Btms goes from a Lund to a Marlin in one jump. Probably pullin the lund with a 1/2 ton truck or so. I can't wait to see what that new tow rig is going to be.....:eek:

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
What it's been for quite a long time. One ton Chevy standard cab SRW. :)

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What it's been for quite a long time. One ton Chevy standard cab SRW. :)

Aw shucks, I thought you would spring for one of those outlandish Kodiaks or sumpthin.

Seriously though it will be a great picture with your truck hooked up to that baby. Post one when it happens. Are you looking for a trailer or does it have one with it?

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Doesnt have a trailer, going to be in the water initially but I am looking for one long term. Would prefer a tri axle w/ hyd brakes but my wallet pocket hurts to bad at the moment.

Buffalo Btms

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
The anticipation and excitement is much needed.... Had to get up this morning at 3 am to fix the sump pump. And watched yesterday as one of my homemade oak planer boards floated away, down the river after a botched test run. :/