I came across an older thread discussing how wet the Grady-White Release 283 can be in rough conditions.
I’d appreciate hearing from owners of the Canyon 271 and Canyon 283 about their experience running into short-period head seas of 2-4 feet.
Are these boats relatively dry in such conditions? If not, what adjustments help reduce wetness without compromising ride comfort?
Most importantly, is the heavier Canyon 271 noticeably drier and provides a softer ride than the Canyon 283, or is it the other way around due to the longer waterline for 283?
I’d particularly appreciate firsthand experience from owners familiar with either or both models.
I’d appreciate hearing from owners of the Canyon 271 and Canyon 283 about their experience running into short-period head seas of 2-4 feet.
Are these boats relatively dry in such conditions? If not, what adjustments help reduce wetness without compromising ride comfort?
Most importantly, is the heavier Canyon 271 noticeably drier and provides a softer ride than the Canyon 283, or is it the other way around due to the longer waterline for 283?
I’d particularly appreciate firsthand experience from owners familiar with either or both models.