Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama96

Reaction score
seabob4 said:
Grady282owner said:
Southeast FL

DO you have a boat?

He seems to be avoiding that question... :?

Nope I bet not. Southeast Fl your participation is welcome however you speak as if what you say is fact. That is not the case. What you have said here is an opinion. I happen to like the windshields. I had no problem with the cabin windows or gen set access on my 2002 Marlin.

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
Greatg Imposter

Southeast FL, sorry I haven't responded to your recent post, I've been at the dock polishing and cleaning my 2004 Marlin. Funny thing, my smoked windows open and close nicely, my bow pulpit is still attached, my windshield doesn't leak, and everything seems to work OK!

As to my viscous personal attack, I thought I showed great constraint. I didn't know you were so sensitive. You seemed to have no trouble insulting our choice of boats and/or motors (Etec anyone?). In the future, I'll try to be nicer when challenging your misinformation.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wow! Away for the weekend on my boat and look at all the fun I missed. I though for a minute I was looking at the "other" message board. :lol:

I started a lively discussion after the Raleigh boat show about some areas where I felt Pursuit did a better job then GW. The discussion also presented some areas where GW excels. I agree the overall finish of a Pursuit is top shelf but saying they are way ahead of GW is nonsense.

As to a few points that have been made...

o Many top builders use wood. Hatteras, Albemarle, Buddy Davis, etc.
o There are pros and cons to integrated pulpits. If you ever hit a piling you will be happy to have a bolt on. Also they were optional for many years on some models.
o I agree with Danny's assessment (he was involved in the discussion I mentioned). While the OS315 had a gorgeous cabin, the fishing layout in my Marlin is much better, I have more rod holders, handholds everywhere, a transom door which looks like a Cabo, the best bench seat design in the industry, and customer service who treats a 6.5 year old boat like it just left the factory. And I will NEVER like the grey helm on Pursuits. They are fine boats but anyone who thinks they dust GW obviously has never seen the sale figures.

Workdog

Reaction score
My $.02 observations:
* Sounds like Pursuit has the edge under the deck, and Grady deck-level and above.
* Megabytes expresses my thoughts well. By the way, I must be one of the few without a bow pulpit; and I LIKE IT THAT WAY. Also, wood is good, as long as you take care of it.
* A 23' boat with 9'3" beam--LOVE IT. Does it pound in a headwind? Sure does, but I WILL NOT HAVE a 24 degree deadrise boat. That's just me. When I am drifting for flounder and four of us are standing holding two poles each, while my friends in their 25' Carolina Classic are kneeling on the deck because it is rolling so badly, I know I made the right decision (for me).
* I don't think I paid too much for my boat. It does what I want it to do, and it does it well. I looked at Pursuit when I was last in the market and they didn't compare in features to my Gulfstream. YMMV
* To the guy who is sticking with Seacraft--unless they changed their build lately, they had lots of wood in them. As a matter of fact, there is a website dedicated to replacing transoms and stringers in Seacrafts and a site dedicated to Mako transom work.
* Lastly, It's funny to me how everyone compares their boat to Grady. :wink:

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Bama96 said:
seabob4 said:
Grady282owner said:
Southeast FL

DO you have a boat?

He seems to be avoiding that question... :?

Nope I bet not. Southeast Fl your participation is welcome however you speak as if what you say is fact. That is not the case. What you have said here is an opinion. I happen to like the windshields. I had no problem with the cabin windows or gen set access on my 2002 Marlin.

When you finally open your eyes and your MIND you go look at how truly quality boat builders like Tiara build their boats. You won't find any weak and ugly windshields, caulked in generator hatches, plastic windows, or similar junk.

All you've done is lie to yourself and try to redefine the truth.

And yes, I do own a Tiara 32.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Re: Greatg Imposter

Miss Sadie said:
As to my viscous personal attack, I thought I showed great constraint. I didn't know you were so sensitive. You seemed to have no trouble insulting our choice of boats and/or motors (Etec anyone?). In the future, I'll try to be nicer when challenging your misinformation.

My how your memory is short, but no problem I'll be glad to embarass you again and remind everyone of your profane post from page 1.

Posted by "Miss Sadie":

"Southeast FL is at best a pain in the A-- and at worst, has no idea what he's talkiing about. Read all of his posts and you will see he is generally very negative and a know it all."

And what again did this contribute towards the subject at hand ? Absolutely nothing, just another of his numerous personal attacks when he can't refute the facts.

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
[

And yes, I do own a Tiara 32.[/quote]

We want pics and proof you own a boat otherwise I call it bullship. :D

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
RUMBLEFISH said:
[

We want pics and proof you own a boat otherwise I call it bullship. :D[/quote]

LOL, want my registration and social security # ???

What an absolute joke !!!!!!!!!!

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
SoutheastFL said:
RUMBLEFISH said:
[

We want pics and proof you own a boat otherwise I call it bullship. :D

LOL, want my registration and social security # ???

What an absolute joke !!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yea that would be great....Looking forward to the info. :wink:

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
232 GULF said:
This thread needs to END :roll:

Agreed, when profanity and personal attacks are allowed to stand the forum ends up being the worse off for it.

A legitimate question was posted by the original poster and when the FACTS somehow offend a few members and resort to profanity and name calling noone stands to learn anything.

Its really ashamed, by pointing out where GW's could be made better and everyone would benefit, the thread is allowed to go off topic and become personal.

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
Southeast FL, Great Imposter

This thread is tiresome, sorta like SFL himself. But, it has served one worthwhile purpose, SFL has not posted on any other threads since this started.

Ed

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Re: Southeast FL, Great Imposter

Miss Sadie said:
This thread is tiresome, sorta like SFL himself. But, it has served one worthwhile purpose, SFL has not posted on any other threads since this started.

Ed

YOU need look no furthur than yourself for someone to blame. YOU started with the profanity and name calling, and for the benefit of the forum I did NOT reciprocate. YOU are the one that sent this off topic and went personal.

Is that too hard for YOU to understand or do YOU need to keep hearing it again ??

You are so insecure you can't stand to hear any criticism of something as insignificant in life as - your boat.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
RUMBLEFISH said:
SoutheastFL said:
232 GULF said:

Agreed, when profanity and personal attacks are allowed to stand the forum ends being the worse off for it.

And while your at it do a little soul serching about yourself. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

You better go back and reread this thread and see that I did not start the profanity. I thought enough of this forum not to return it either, but that's still not good enough for your kind.

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
SoutheastFL said:
RUMBLEFISH said:
SoutheastFL said:
232 GULF said:

Agreed, when profanity and personal attacks are allowed to stand the forum ends being the worse off for it.

And while your at it do a little soul serching about yourself. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

You better go back and reread this thread and see that I did not start the profanity. I thought enough of this forum not to return it either, but that's still not good enough for your kind.

And I see that your one of those "got to get the last word in kind of trolls type" as well.

Im done with you so troll away friend. :lol:

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
Southeast FL, Great Imposter

OK, I give! Uncle, Uncle! Your superior intellect and unshakable truths about our inferior boats have won the day! We can all rest easier knowing you're always around to point out how dumb we are to actually think our Grady's are well built and worth what we pay for them. If we stray, you will definitely set us straight. How did we get so lucky! But, rather than ponder this unanswerable question, I have decided to end my quest to have you retreat to your mountain top and reflect on your magnificence. Instead I have accepted the fact that you are all powerful and ever present! Thank you for saving us from ourselves! And, you can have the last word, I await your pronouncement of victory!

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.