My son...not really Grady related

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I am relatively new here on this forum and from what I can tell, not many post personal info here. We are into boating because my son, Kyle who is now 11, loves being on boats. He is cortically blind, has epilepsy and cerebral palsey. He had meningitis as an infant. The boat was the first place we as a family experienced Kyle genuinely smiling and enjoying life. We rented a boat in the Keys and it was then as a 4 year old he sat up, was calm and joyful. Within a few months we bought our first Grady, our 192.

We are in Greenville, SC where Kyle is getting his right hip reconstructed and his legs adjusted to fix his hip dysplasia. The surgery is tomorrow at Shriners and soon Kyle will be on his way to walking better and enjoying the Grady as summer closes in. Those of you who are inclined, please keep Kyle in your prayers over the course of this week. I may not know you and Kyle certianly does not, but the man upstairs does and every little bit helps.

Thanks...

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
SmokeyMtnGrady , God bless all of your family and especially Kyle in this tough time. Praying for a speedy recovery . "Rainmaker"

232 GULF

Reaction score
Prayers sent. God bless you and your wife and may he be with your son during his surgery.

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
The smiles of children are priceless. My thoughts are with your family.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Will be thinking of kyle and hope all turns out well. He'll have that smile back on in no time!

lewes257

Reaction score
My prayers are with you and your son and family. Scott

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bob,

Atlanta is less than 2 hours away from Greenville...if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. We'd be happy to help.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Bob,
Kyle is lucky to have you as his Dad and your lucky to have him as your son. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both now and during his upcoming recovery. I'm sure you find Kyle a source of inspiration everyday of your life. May God bless you and all your family!

jellyfish

Reaction score
Kyle sounds like a good strong son. Our prayers are with him and you and your family. I wish him a fast recovery and a great boating season with you.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kyle! Hoping for a quick recovery to get him boating again soon!!

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bob: Sounds like Kyle got a good dad and you both are blessed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Keys trip!

Rob

midnight-rider

Reaction score
Prayers work

My prayers for your son and your family. I am able to walk again because I believe in prayers. God Bless

shadow379

Reaction score
Son

You got it. I as a Shriner in Wilmington NC assure you he will get top notch treatment. I pray for his speedy recovery and should you need anything feel free to contact me.

Mike Browning

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bob we are Grady family and I want you to know we will be praying for a member and this famliy. I hope all goes well and keep us informed.