My son...not really Grady related

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
All our best thoughts and prayers are with you and your family !!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
He is a trooper. Kyle is in really good spirits. Sunday he and the Admiral are going to Greenville and Monday the cast comes off! :D. He will be Greenville at Shriners for a week in intensive physical therapy. I will let y'all know next week. Since we need to move him every few hours, I gave up my bed for him to sleep while I take the couch. I personally can't wait to be back in my own bed. Our couch is nice wirh down pillows and those 8 way hand tied coils but my bed is better. Kyle deserves the best though and the sacrifice is worth it. Thanks for asking.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bob: Congratulations to Kyle for making it through the cast! I imagine that a week of intensive physical therapy will be equally challenging, so tell Kyle - and Tonya - to hang in there.

Y'all take care.

Rob

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I will give an update next week when he returns. Tonya is going solo and I will be here running the joint.

Cocoliso VI

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Our family's prayers are with you and your family. This is a great boating community and God will hear us loud and clear.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Cast is off! I did not go to Greenville with the Admiral due to being a small business owner and so forth. Reports say Kyle was in a great deal of pain when the cast was removed and his hips went from static to dynamic. He had no true bed sores, but did have some red "hot spots" and his skin was dry and flaky like a reptile shedding.

Xrays show the surgery results looked good and the xrays pics the Admiral showed me looked good, but he has as much metal in his legs as Grady puts in those stern braces :wink: You see a plate and 3 stainless steel screws in each femor. Does this mean when we fly and he takes his shoes off we have to explain why the metal detector goes off?

Kyle got to take a bath and the boy absolutely loves water. Tonya said Kyle was moving around in the big whirl-pool tub they have there and seemed not to be in as much pain around 5ish this afternoon compared to his pain this morning when the cast came off. He should be at Shriners for a few more days, possibly until Friday.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers, your kind words and support. Yall are great.