My son...not really Grady related

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Bob,

Prayers go up for you and Kyle and the rest of the family. May god wrap his arms around Kyle and give him comfort as he goes through this. Hope all goes well and we can all get together this spring in SC.

John Carson

wireline

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Bob,
Kyle will be in our prayers, as with the rest of your family. Keep your Grady family informed we all love to see a smile on a childs face, especilly when one has chalanges as Kyle does. God Bless .
Frank M.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
May God bless Kyle, his loving family and pray more for his speedy recovery... :!: :!:

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I join with the others here in prayers and best wishes for your son.
We have talked about a Tortugas trip in the future. I am looking forward to it and watching your son splash around in the shallows near our anchored boats.
Take Care,
Bill.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thankyou for reminding me of how little I have to worry about and how much there is to be thankful for; your courage inspires me . May Kyle have a succesful surgery and your family enjoy their Grady times soon.
I bought our first boat to give our family a venue to be together on weekends.
Kyle and your family are in our prayers.

eppem

Reaction score
My Dad is very involved in the Shriners...if you are ever in CT, look us up for a boat ride!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks guys...Kyle is in surgery now. I will post later in the day....surgery is scheduled to be finished by 3ish. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bob, my wife and I have Kyle, his doctors and all his caregivers, and you and your family, in our prayers.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Yall, are the best! :D Thanks for everything. Kyle is out of the surgery and in recovery. I have not seen him yet. The surgery corrected significant rotation in his hip. He had nearly 60 degrees of rotation in his right hip and almost 40 degrees in his left hip. I am going to take pics with my camera phone and perhaps will figure out how to post them here.

Again, I thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. I showed Tonya, my bride and Admiral, all your posts and it brought a smile to her face and a few tears from the heartfelt words shared here. Kyle will be coming home perhaps Saturday in body cast from his chest to the tips of his toes. The cast will be there for 5 weeks.

Thanks again...

Average Joe

Reaction score
Glad to hear the surgery went well Bob. He'll be out of that cast and ready to go by the time boating season rolls around! :D

Green Mountain Grady

Reaction score
Bob, thanks for including everyone. Glad to hear the surgery went well and our thoughts and prayers are with you, Kyle and the rest of your family for a speedy recovery. If you're ever in Vermont look me up for a ride on Lake Champlain. The ice is melting and the Grady is just about ready to go!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SmokyMtnGrady asked me to post these to the forum.....

2010-03-16%2007.48.30.jpg

2010-03-16%2015.17.56.jpg

2010-03-16%2015.18.20.jpg

2010-03-16%2015.19.36.jpg

232 GULF

Reaction score
Very glad to hear it went well. No body cast? Or is that still to come?
Be sure to give him plenty of therapy on the Grady once spring hits! :D

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
That is one fine looking first mate you have there. Soon enough the sea or lake breeze will be blowing through his hair and the sun shining on his face.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mighty fine looking son you have there. Hope his recovery goes very well. You get down to Georgetown, SC, I'll show you and Kyle my secret fishin' spot.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hey yall:
I have a confession of sorts. We chose Shriners because they provide good pediatric care. I learned today 100% of Kyles care is covered by Shriners. I felt bad as we have pretty good insurance and have the ability to pay. I know where I am going to be sending some support in the future.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Kyle is a handsome fella for sure. And yes, the companion seat on the 228 is his favorite on the boat. He loves sitting next to me. When we return, we will resize some boating pics from last year and you will see that boy with a huge smile on his face....thanks again. Ps...I am communicating through my droid and not a real computer so that is why I asked Brian to post the pics. I don't have any resizing software on my phone.

brian bunk

Reaction score
Bob,
God speed my friend, please let us know how we can contribute to the Shriners Hospital that helped your son.

Best regards,
Brian Bunk
Grady White Marlin