NJ fishing reports

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The Windy and Wind Alert apps give 7 day models that are fairly accurate and I cross reference them with NOAA which is currently calling for 5 to 10 kits and 3'-4' swell out to 1000 fathoms. A big comfort factor I like is a prolonged period of calm and a southerly wind for my return so I'm not beating into a northerly on the ride home. If this forecast holds we'll probably see 17' Whalers out this weekend.

Last edited:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The Windy and Wind Alert apps give 7 day models that are fairly accurate and I cross reference them with NOAA which is currently calling for 5 to 10 kits and 3'-4' swell out to 1000 fathoms. A big comfort factor I like is a prolonged period of calm and a southerly wind for my return so I'm not beating into a northerly on the ride home. If this forecast holds we'll probably see 17' Whalers out this weekend.
ha...you used "northerly" which usually confuses the shit out of people. For those wondering...Northerly means FROM the north not TOWARD the north (northward). A North wind and a Northerly wind are the same. They describe the direction you are facing when its blowing in your face.

Strangely a North current is flowing toward the north (northward). Opposite naming from winds!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Thursday we went fluking at Axel in the am... we did nothing...moved out to Manasquan ridge...no fluke...broke of a hammerhead.....moved out to Mohawk....two 21" fluke, four 17.5" throwbacks and some smaller fluke....quit at 11 am and ran out to MudHole pots to look for mahi. DEAD for miles of pots. Found a pallet floating in the middle of the hole with one 5 pound mahi that would not eat.
Dock buddy got a 58" bluefin and two 40something bluefins on jigs East of Humpty.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I need to fish during the week and get out front to some of the reefs…

Was in the bay between BB and BI on Saturday, 10 different spots and not a bite. Only fished from 630 to 9am but I didn’t see anyone catching anything around me.

However, my lagoon has bunker jumping everywhere. Tossed my castnet to confirm it was bunker and pulled up easily a hundred on my first cast…Of course, I had to head home but would have wanted to liveline them and see what happens