What does everyone do for a living?

zimm

Reaction score
SC Adventure 208 said:
Wouldn't a "helicopter driver" be a pilot? Never heard a pilot call himself a "driver"

Nope. In the navy we're "aviators" and fly or "drive" a helo. Seen the movie "the right stuff"? When astronaut scouters are on the carrier looking for Alan Shepard, they say "they call themselves aviators, they say they're better than pilots."

Salinity Now

Reaction score
Recently just changed jobs from Military Sealift Command, hauling bombs, fuel and food for the Navy.

Now working as a Chief Mate on DP oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.

Chain, who knows, maybe Ive seen you working out here!! Small world in the oil-patch and DP line of work, thats for sure.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I could have been a blood sucking lawyer as I got into FSU's college of law, but decided otherwise. I am a recovering environmental planner/biologist who got a burr up his hind end about 8 years ago. I quit my job and moved from my native state of Florida to the Smoky Mountains of NC. I bought a chocolate business and I own a couple nice vacation rental properties here in the Smokies as well.

So if the Admiral is mad that you are spending too much time with the other lady (your boat you fools lol) and you need a get out of jail free card, I make ladies dreams come true with some of the finest hand made award winning chocolates around. The best part is I actually make them, our chocolates are not made by an illegal or in a factory in China, but right here in the US of A, in the mountains of NC.

My dream is for one day to be successfull enough to have my own offshore fishing team sponsored by my business. I think I will call it either Chocolate Thunder or Sexual Chocolate or just Pole Dancer....

Legend - I take your products and enrobe them in the finest single bean Venezuelan chocolate around. I even invented a treat called a Brio where we take one of your products and add peanut butter to them, enrobe them in chocolate and top them with Reese's peanut butter chips. Actually, a college student employee of mine invented them. They are yummy.

leszekgorski

Reaction score
Commercial diver here, its about 4 miles from my dock on Big Pine Key to Looe Key Reef, that's fun diving, than another 15 miles to the Wall about 3000' drop, you can get most of everything there. I flat love my Grady.
Also want to say "Thanks for your service and dedication" to all Service Man, Public Safety and Fireman

dizzyspots

Reaction score
Paramedic x 40 years...yeah lots of great jobs, but minimal retirement so still working...Wellcraft 185 driver now...looking at a Grady Tarpon 19

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Sheriff's Lieutenant & Watch Commander, 24+ years. May consider retiring soon for more boat time. :wink:

eppem

Reaction score
Work with direct marketing and packaged goods companies to acquire new customers and service the one they already have - I may reach out to a few posters on this list to do some networking? Lawyers may be considered bloodsuckers but as a salesmen, I never stop networking!

EPPE

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This has been a great thread, very cool to see what we all do for a living. Thanks again to all the cops, firefighters, and service folks. Im glad that perhaps some networking will happen. I had hoped that might happen. Cheers guys.

Bob's Cay

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have 23 years in commercial investment real estate. Most of that time was working as an Asset Manager for large institutional investor / advisor. Spent the last 13 years selling commercial roofing in the SE.

BrightStar

Reaction score
Publisher of Boston Magazine. second grady 2007 tournament 225. try to get out every weekend with the kids.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Firefighter/Paramedic. Sad to see my '86 Offshore come out of the water for the season, already can't wait for the spring!

GeeDub

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Corporate IT goon - I run the HR systems for a large professional services company. Not that exciting most days!!

Altamira

Reaction score
I am with the MBTA in Boston, bus maintenance. Good gig, get to see the ocean everyday.

I.C.E

Reaction score
I'm an owner operator truck driver. if you bought it, a truck brought it.. My land yacht is a 2012 peterbilt 587.

Brigator

Reaction score
Just a special education teacher for elementary age kids :) Gives me lots of time to fish and dive

gradydriver

Reaction score
I work at a large Grady Dealership and go boating for a living...somebody has to do it.... :mrgreen: