What have you done to your Grady lately?

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
i looked through a few pages of post listings and didnt see a thread like this. a couple other forums im on have running threads where everyone can just post what they are currently working on in terms of improvement, maintenance, cleaning, modifications, etc... without having a dedicated personal build thread. if this belongs in General Discussion, feel free to move.

over the weekend, i finished pulling all deck and gunnel screws so i could caulk the holes and reinstall the screws. also replaced all deck plates. the bang cap also got a bead of caul all the way around. yesterday i dropped the boat off at the marina for new trim senders, thermostats, bleeding of the steering system, and fiberglass restoration of the splash well (so i can apply the vinyl name).

how about you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chutch and Walleyze

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well....I have done quite a few mods or just added extras on my 2006 Adventure. Auto pilot, hinges on the stern covers, battery charger, enlargerd the helm box (for gps ) installed hinges so have two 9 inch gps flush mounted making the space behind still usable for operation manuals. Brought water from the wash down pump to one of the fish boxes to cool the catch. Hinged and installed a floor in the the stern fresh water hatch to hold fishing gear and downrigger weights. Installed 8 hp kicker with ties to the main. 4 blue deck lights. Collaplsable table for lunch cruises or tying gear. Installed a folding floor in the cabin for easy removal, giving more storage space without going down in the cabin. Installed iTroll for easy trolling speeds. Purchased and installed a new bow pulpit. New springs and bow bunks on the Road king trailer, changed the shoe brakes to disks. Two new cabin lights with touch control. Two grab bars on the top of the gunnels to assist in hauling my ageing butt into the boat. Two Scotty mounts and down riggers. Did all the changes (mods) myself so have an intamate knowledge of my yacht. ok... thats enough but you did ask.

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
This year just radio box hinges, new vinyl for name/home port, aft bilge pump. I tend to do a bit every year past years include full enclosure, new helm chair, companion and bolster recovering, Fusion radio/amp/speakers, led light bulbs and running lights, led spreaders, SS anchor, rode, hydraulic steering lines, under gunnel lighting, outriggers, power assist pump, aft deck panel recoring, removed bang plate and had it glassed over and rigging covers off the top of my head. I'm sure a lot more over the years. Did it all myself (except the transom) as well. Gotta keep after these boats!

BryanPast91

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
well i just got a 2004 fisherman 222 that had been sitting for a long time. replaced all the rocker switches, rewired the electronics box, replaced the curtesy light switches and spreader light, did a full 300 hr services on the engine, got the trim tabs working correctly, installed new garmin, cleaned the hell out of the boat, replaced the livewell pump, and so on. haven't had a chance to take it out yet but should be good to go now

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Well....I have done quite a few mods or just added extras on my 2006 Adventure. Auto pilot, hinges on the stern covers, battery charger, enlargerd the helm box (for gps ) installed hinges so have two 9 inch gps flush mounted making the space behind still usable for operation manuals. Brought water from the wash down pump to one of the fish boxes to cool the catch. Hinged and installed a floor in the the stern fresh water hatch to hold fishing gear and downrigger weights. Installed 8 hp kicker with ties to the main. 4 blue deck lights. Collaplsable table for lunch cruises or tying gear. Installed a folding floor in the cabin for easy removal, giving more storage space without going down in the cabin. Installed iTroll for easy trolling speeds. Purchased and installed a new bow pulpit. New springs and bow bunks on the Road king trailer, changed the shoe brakes to disks. Two new cabin lights with touch control. Two grab bars on the top of the gunnels to assist in hauling my ageing butt into the boat. Two Scotty mounts and down riggers. Did all the changes (mods) myself so have an intamate knowledge of my yacht. ok... thats enough but you did ask.
Hey Trapper - can you post some pics when you have a chance, I'd love to see some of those upgrades. Which autopilot did you go with?

Reactions: hooked on Grady

TeK

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Wireless MOB, led lighting throughout, octopus drive to replace the old raymarine pos, another fishfinder, cockpit canvas, vhf antenna and full tune up parts for both main and kicker.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Wireless MOB, led lighting throughout, octopus drive to replace the old raymarine pos, another fishfinder, cockpit canvas, vhf antenna and full tune up parts for both main and kicker.
the wireless MOB is high on my wishlist, it is a brilliant concept

Reactions: Peter A

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Not a current update. But I added doors in each step going to the bow to open up and utilize the dead space under the steps. additionally I added a drawer in the companion seat compartment and a helm table for docktail parties.

step door.jpg
helm drawer 305.jpghelm drawer 305.jpgnew helm table.jpg

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Nice! Is that just a door on the step, or is it a compartment? Where did you get it from?

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I put a seaspension seat post on my 228, what a great upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter A

TeK

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
the wireless MOB is high on my wishlist, it is a brilliant concept
FYI…If you purchase one, you have to get either the lanyard or wrist band separately. Otherwise the fob can only go in your pocket.

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
I added autopilot to my 2019 GW 216 Fisherman. It sure saves me gas money and time on trips. I am looking for info on putting in a trolling motor on the bow so I can spot lock onto fishing structure. Does anyone have any advice?
Tight lines and following seas,
Bill

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Nice! Is that just a door on the step, or is it a compartment? Where did you get it from?

Its all dead space under the steps, which extends forward. The door's allows access to this place for storage. I have found it a great place to store stuff. Initially I tried using am 8" deck plate, which worked OK, the doors look and function better. They were a custom size so I ordered them from boat outfitters.

Reactions: Saltyone

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
i put a new winch on the trailer, put the registration stickers and numbers on the bow, mounted the fire extinguisher and life ring, and GOT IT OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME!!

she ran pretty good. with just about 1/3 tank of fuel, me, wife, two small kids, and a few bags of crap, we hit 5900/6000 rpm and almost 52 mph. cruised at 3700-4000 at 32-34 mph and getting a bit over 2.1 mpg.

the girls (bit over 3 and a bit over 1.5) were not into it at all at first and i was concerned. by the end of our ride, they were in love with it and smiling ear to ear. the little one was walking all over and wanted to look over the side to watch the spray and the older one said it was "the best day ever". we are excited for a fun summer.

Last edited: